Questions To Ask a Tutor or Tutoring Company
When selecting a tutor, either as an individual or through a company, it is wise to ask the following questions:
- How do you evaluate each student's individual needs?
- What tutoring methods do you use?
- What do you expect of the student and the parent?
- How do you motivate your students?
- What days and times are you available?
- Where does the tutoring take place?
- How long do you expect the tutoring to last?
- What results do you expect to see?
- How much do you charge for your services?
- What is your educational background?
- What type of tutoring experience do you have?
- How long have you been a tutor?
- Do you have proof of a clear criminal background check? (Always Ask to See a Copy)
Many companies will be able to provide a sneak peak at the tutor's qualifications and experience through a short profile. When speaking with the tutors always confirm that what you read matches with what the tutor tells you for both professional and safety reasons. Unfortunately, people have a way of making themselves look or sound better than they really are, so asking these questions upfront is very important to choosing the right tutor.
AND always, always, always be smart and safe when having a tutor come into your home. You should ask for a copy of every tutor's Criminal Background Check before meeting with you or children. If the tutor is a teacher, make them show you their teacher's ID badge and/or call the school to verify they teach there.
If you would like to speak with an advisor directly do not hesistate to contact us toll free 866-358-8867 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always happy to answer parents' and students' questions.